KickCity, a revenue generating Event Startup that plans to disrupt the event industry is introducing KICK – a decentralized, transparent and reward-based event token. KICK will be used for ticket purchasing, reward-based event promotion, event community building and will be available for trading in the exchange market. The company hopes to raise more than $7 million during the ICO (Initial Coin Offering).
“The first generation of the digital revolution brought us the Internet of information. The second generation — powered by Blockchain technology — is bringing us the Internet of value: a new platform to reshape the world of business and transform the old order of human affairs for the better”- Don & Alex Tapscot.
The Event industry is in need of disruption with multiple problems like:
- expensive ticket price due to high transaction fees from banks and credit card companies;
- ineffective non-transparent advertisement / expensive event promotion campaigns;
- ticket touting, reselling and availability of fake tickets.
KickCity will allow for the development of a universal token for events — ‘KICK’ and KickCity protocol which is composed of Ethereum Smart Contracts will allow for the development of a decentralized event platform and promotion asset, ticket processing and transactions and event community building. An ideal solution for the event industry where all the participants in the marketplace are satisfied.
KickCity – is a community-based social event platform for event organizers and attendees. For the past year, ‘KickCity, Inc.’ has focused on building community around events, providing event organizers with tools to create, promote and monetize their events.
- a ‘Y Combinator’ Startup School alumni
- operates in several continents
- the first event platform that accepts Bitcoin payments for events
Using Blockchain, KickCity plans to connect event organizer with attendees without third party interruption like banks (for processing), provide a trust system and allow effective marketing.
KickCity recently received grant from the Helsinki Government and also is currently discussing cross-platform integration with big Russian telecommunication giant.
Richard Kastelein is the Founder, Publisher and Editor in Chief of industry leading online publication, Blockchain News, partner of token design and ICO architecture company Cryptoassets Design Group and co-founder and director at education company Blockchain Partners.
As a prominent keynote presenter, Kastelein has spoken on Blockchain at events in Gdansk, Beijing, Venice, Nanchang, Shanghai, Amsterdam, Minsk, Dubai, Antwerp, Eindhoven, Bucharest, Munich, Nairobi, Tel Aviv, Manchester, Brussels, Barcelona, San Meteo etc, where he helped spread the cause for Blockchain technology and cryptocurrency and, consequently, has built a notable network in the scene.
- Skycoin Launches A Vision for the New Internet– August 1, 2017
- Disrupting the $30Billion Event Ticketing Industry with Blockchain – KickCity announces ICO– July 31, 2017
- Decentralized Professional Network Indorse Gives Users The Power Of Their Data Back– July 31, 2017
- Fujitsu Cranks Up Transaction Processing on the Blockchain– July 31, 2017
- Wabi and Walimai – Solving China’s Food Safety Issues Through Blockchain– July 31, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation to Create a XEM Exchange– July 27, 2017
- Zeppelin Solutions Introduces ZeppelinOS: An Operating System for Smart Contract Applications– July 27, 2017
- Hash Rush, the First Hash-Powered Online Game to Launch Token Sale– July 26, 2017
- The US SEC Issues Investigative Report on ICOs and Token Sales – Calling Some Securities– July 26, 2017
- ACT, a Decentralized Autonomous Organization for Citizen Action, is using the Ether Cryptocurrency to support a Community Fighting Opencast Coal Mining in Wales– July 25, 2017
- Giant Pepe and Vitalik Buterin Busts Capture Attention as Uncensorable Art in Decentraland Alpha– July 25, 2017
- Skycoin Distribution Event moved to August 8th, 2017– July 25, 2017
- Propy, World’s First Global Property Store with Decentralized Title Registry Launches Token Sale– July 24, 2017
- DAO.Casino and True Flip Announce Strategic Partnership– July 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Adjoint Announces First Close of One Million Dollar Pre-Seed Round– July 24, 2017
- Ambrosus, the Trusted Food Ecosystem, Launches To Assure Food Quality from Farm to Fork– July 24, 2017
- Pillar Token Sale Raises $21 million for Personal Data Locker– July 24, 2017
- Waves Launches Ether Gateway– July 24, 2017
- Dash Passes Apple’s Rigorous Review Process And Becomes An Approved Digital Currency– July 24, 2017
- Decentraland Announces Anticipated Token Sale for Massive Virtual Reality Economy– July 24, 2017
- First Block Capital Launches Canada’s First Bitcoin Trust Through FrontFundr– July 24, 2017
- Smart Volume Analysis Crypto Trading Fund Launches Token Sale– July 24, 2017
- investFeed Kicks Off ‘Unconventional,’ Responsible, Hard Cap Token Generation Event– July 24, 2017
- Dutch Blockchain Startup AdCoin Promises Alternative for the Online Advertising Market– July 24, 2017
- Skycoin To Launch Coin Distribution Event July 24, 2017– July 21, 2017
- CoinAgenda Europe 2017 Blockchain Winners Announced– July 20, 2017
- BurstIQ Announces Token Crowdsale for its Health Data Ecosystem and Marketplace– July 20, 2017
- Gaming cryptocurrency meets online betting: Loot.bet pledges support to SkinCoin– July 20, 2017
- Kybernetwork Introduces A Decentralized Platform For The Instant Trading Of Any Crypto-asset– July 19, 2017
- Announcement of Proof of Existence 2.0 – PO.ET Token Sale August 8, 2017– July 19, 2017
- Equities.com and KrowdMentor Announce Exclusive Strategic Partnership at CoinAgenda– July 19, 2017
- NASSCOM in association with BlockSmiths & Quatrro forms India’s First Blockchain SIG– July 18, 2017
- DENT Partners with Aquto to Bring Decentralized Global Mobile Data Exchange to 500 Million People– July 18, 2017
- Moeda Cooperative Banking-as-a-Service Relaunches Digital Token– July 18, 2017
- Aicoin Launches Today – Next Generation Of Investment Innovation In Initial Coin Offerings– July 18, 2017
- Pillar Tokens worth $12 Million Sold in First Hour of Sale– July 17, 2017
- CausePlay’s Thirtythree.8 Division Is Launching The Virtual Cash Back Token (VCB) and Its Ethereum-Based Blockchain Coupon and Rebate Platform– July 16, 2017
- Kazakhstan Becomes The Second Government To Embrace The Cryptocurrency Market System– July 16, 2017
- EnvisionX to Bring Blockchain to Programmatic Advertising– July 16, 2017
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Unveils New Technical Steering Committee and Seven New Working Groups– July 16, 2017
- Hungry Panda Games Launches ICO – Ethereum Powered Game And Esports Ecosystem– July 16, 2017
- CakeCodes Announces Highly-Anticipated Hybrid-Model Token Generation Event Via Bittrex– July 16, 2017
- Santiment Announces SAN Tokens Now Trading on Bitfinex– July 15, 2017
- Exchange Union Coin To Bridge Digital Currency Exchanges For Enhanced Trading– July 15, 2017
- Harbour DAO Updates Their ICO Model and Voting System to More Closely Align with a Commitment to Community-driven Governance– July 15, 2017
- ACChain Digital Coin Begins Trading on Japan’s NERAEX Exchange– July 14, 2017
- Token Sales For Entrepreneurs: A Workshop On Token Economic Design And Legal Compliance– July 13, 2017
- New York Trading Platform investFeed Replaces Equities for Cryptocurrency– July 13, 2017
- Falcon First Swiss Private Bank To Enter Blockchain Asset Management Market With Bitcoin– July 12, 2017
- Blockchain technology breaking barriers for effective foreign aid– July 12, 2017